We are looking for volunteers interested in gaining practical experience on how to train and coach motivated youth in their journey to create and implement workshops.
Start the 20h VE-Trainer course within the RAISE program now and get ready to support your VE(s) between in 2023. We will get back to you as soon as you applied for the course with sharing some information about yourself, background and motivation in this application form.
The key benefits:
- – Take the free 20h certified online course for trainers
– Increase your capacity to offer peer support and sharpen your training skills.
– Become aware of the latest trends in your industry, changing best practices and new techniques.
– Broaden your knowledge, and gain experience and confidence.
– Gain fulfilment creating an impact in the lives of migrants/refugees and contributing to the agenda of reduced social inequalities.
– Gain access to a network of EU organisations
Your activities as a Volunteer Educator include:
- Take the EU-funded 20h online training (e-VELP developed with Vilnius University and Heidelberg University of Education) to become a Volunteer Educator-Trainer. Check out the introduction video on Vimeo.
- Give individual support to 1-4 Volunteer Educators (VE) to help them take the Volunteer Educator online course in order to create and facilitate their own quality workshops with the purpose to share their knowledge (spend an estimate 5 hours with each VE).
- Join demo meetings with the software developers of e-VELP and RAISE to share your experience with the online training and the Artificial Intelligence assessment and coaching tool
Apply TODAY for a chance to become our next Volunteer Educator-Trainer. This can be the first step towards your journey as an international trainer/coach. Find the FAQs below.
What? Why? When? How? Who?
Transparency is key before taking up a new educational journey. Thus, we collected all the answers for you in one place. Scroll down to find all the information you need about the role of a Volunteer Educator-Trainer (VE-T), the benefits and the level of commitment!
The prospecting VE-Trainers are anchored in their local (job) community, need to master English at a good level and be motivated to coach young people frome different cultures on a volunteering basis.
When you choose to become a Volunteer Educator Trainer (VE-T) within the RAISE program, you will take the e-VELP online course for VE-Trainers (estimated 20 hours) in the beginning of 2023. As the educated VE-Trainer you need to commit to give individual support to VEs between February and May 2023 and help them deliver the VE-course in order to create and facilitate their own quality workshops with the purpose to share their knowledge (est. 5-10 hours for each VE).
Additionnaly we will present our AI coaching tool, to make this course the mo-st customized for VEs, with you and need to collect your feedback to ensure to create a viable, desirable, and usable product.
Optional: You have the chance to join a professional 4-day training on May 8-12, 2023, in Romania, with other VE-T participants in order to train the VEs in person, help them deliver their workshop and discuss with the project organizations about the AI coaching tool.
This depend on your availability. You can assist 1-4 VEs at a time to help them make the best out of their workshop idea.
Yes, for sure!
Of course you can do both! If you delivered the VE course and know all the content, it makes you the perfect VE-Trainer.
Once you are a VE-Trainer, you are always a VE-Trainer. We will have you in our pool of VE-Trainers and might contact you again if we have a VE that would need your help. Of course it is up to you and your availability if you keep on assisting. We keep in touch!
Check out the how-to-grafic above.
After you registered via www.teachsurfing.org, you will choose your e-VELP role. After you finished the course, the e-VELP team will get in touch with you to connect you to your VE.
The e-VELP program is designed that the mentoring and assistance can be done online. Nevertheless we try to match you with a VE in the same city. If you can arrange offline meet ups – this will be a big plus for everyone. If you struggle finding a place to meet, please contact the e-VELP team. We might know organisations who can help.
The AI coaching tool will customize the VE course content based on the participants’ individual experience and needs. Before starting the course, the VEs will fill in a questionnaire so the tool can estimate which chapters of the course will be relevant for them and which can be skipped. This tool helps them save time and energy.
In the second step after the RAISE program, this tool will be provided to youth workers as an adaptable framework. It will enable them to save time and resources, and hence to scale their programs and services to young refugees and migrants.
No, this course has been public for the past year, and has already been tested and approved. What we want from you is to tell us what you think about the AI coaching tool that we added on the e-course.
Within the RAISE program you can assist during the whole year and also onwards if you like. To complete the VE-Trainer course, which also includes coaching the VEs and giving feedback on the AI coaching tool, it will take a minimum of 2 months.
Breaking it down into hours:
- Taking the course is 20 hours
- Supporting 1 VE is about 5-10 hours (1h per week per VE)
- Giving feedback on the AI coaching tool will take another 3 hours
So, the estimated total time you’ll need to commit is about 40 hours in a two-month period.
You don’t need to have that. VE-Trainers can be located everywhere inside or outside the EU. They can take the course online and asynchronously and can support the VEs through video calls, emails, collaboration in documents, forums, and so on.
To take the VE-T course you will be working asynchronously on your own. You can exchange through a forum with participants, and you can join workgroup sessions organised online.
Per VE we estimate a weekly time investment of minimum 1h within a time period of 2 months . The co-working can be done online or if you have the chance also in person.