Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

– What do you know about young migrants and refugees in your community?
    – Have you ever supported them in becoming workshop providers?
    – Why do you want to become a VE-Trainer?

Unfortunately, I do not know a lot of things about the migrants and refugees in my community. 2 years ago I took part in an Erasmus 1-week training in Italy and I prepared a presentation about the migrants in Romania, but I wouldn’t say this has brought me any closer to meeting them and finding out more things about their daily struggles and hopes. Becoming a VE-Trainer would enable me to meet people who need help in order to help themselves (and afterwards also help others), therefore I would like to get involved in these kind of projects and make a difference with only a couple of hours per week dedicated to others.

Charlotte Kay
    Participant

*note: I thought the responses to this particular forum might be interesting to read in a threaded style, rather than start my own post/topic*
    – What do you know about young migrants and refugees in your community?
    I also do not have experience training young migrants and refugees in my or any community, but I have had experience supporting rural teachers with pedagogical skills & subject knowledge in workshops in Asia.
    – Have you ever supported them in becoming workshop providers?
    I have not supported them in becoming workshop providers but I have taught secondary school students how to create & present presentations.

– Why do you want to become a VE-Trainer?
    I am very interested in learning about the process of creating systems whereby knowledge&skills can be shared outside of formal educational institutions, and my own commitment to interculturalism makes me interested in this endeavor.

Nice, I read the thread after I opened a new topic. I want to make a difference, just like you!

Tiziana Heck
    Participant

Thank you both for sharing your motivation! I am also interested in learning from and supporting VEs, and hope that they will be encouraged to pass their knowledge on to others. Additionally, I am also interested in supporting knowledge and skills outside of formal education and am interested in interculturalism.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here